..

..

persuing calmness




..so many things demand our attention.
...so many things push us away from that place that we crave and work so hard to achieve.

a simple, uncluttered life. 

For me, it is not as hard as it once was. 

Turning off all my tech devices. 
Turning off the loudness and chaos of the daily news.
Turning off all my social media outlets. 

Instead, I am finding my center once again. 

A quite place where My God lives and continues to guide with that clear, small voice. 

Beauty is everywhere and calmness follows it. 

..."There are many activities I must cut out 
simply because I desire to excel
in my pursuit after God and holiness."...
Wendell W. Price

mari

8 comments:

  1. These are such gorgeous and peaceful illustrations. Many days, I do not listen to radio or television. I just love listening to the sounds of nature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Mildred, how wonderful that you are able to listen to the sound of Our Lord's creation :0) thank you so much for visiting...

      Delete
  2. Hello Mari, I found you again! (Through Stephanie's blog.) I hope you are doing well.
    Peace and quiet, and the rich silent communion with God nourish the soul, don't they?
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex, my dear sweet friend! So good to find you again also!! :0) mari

      Delete
  3. Beautiful painting, Mari. I like that last quote. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so agree with you Mari. God seems to speak to us the loudest in a still small voice. And all the distractions around us turn into cacophony, but in the quiet beauty of His creation, we can hear Him clearly. Many hugs to you today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His voice is never too loud that it is overbearing...and not too soft that we ignore it. Yet, we always seem to say we can not hear him :) mari

      Delete

.

.