..

..

Jan 4, 2017

a verse ... yes, for the new year


Winter is still not sure to appear with all its crystal beauty as of yet...
 the mountains are filled with fog and rain.  Cold, cold rain.  

The winter months here in the mountains do not begin with a great deal of fanfare.
 They start slowly, as if to give us time to become accustomed to its beauty.

As the wind moves swiftly through the trees, my heart begins its constant pondering.  
Lord, another year without answers... another year without any sort of respite.
another year Lord...

Answers to these questions do not come swiftly, or maybe I am not as good at hearing them because it is not what I want to hear.  How then to begin this new year?  
I don't wish to start it on a somber note...yet, my body and my heart say otherwise. 

So forward I go, taking each day as it comes and looking up.  Always looking up towards the mountains around this humble home.  

And for the first time, I saw the most beautiful site.... an eagle flying high, singing for all the world to hear.  Praising our God with its majestic wind span... I had no camera to record the moment.
Just my eyes as I beheld the beauty of God's creation, so close to my home...



... and then I heard the answer to my heart's questions...

..."But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint..."
Isaiah 40:31

The bird perched itself high on one of the mountain peaks, too high for my eyes,
 filled with tears, to distinguish him clearly. 

Yes, Lord, You have answered me and reminded me that it is in You that I put my hope.  
My whole being, my health, my thoughts are kept in Your hands.  

I know that I can withstand this physical pain, this uncertainty in my daily life,
 as long as Your strength continues to flow through my body. 

Yes! I will soar as high as the eagle Lord... 

Yes! I will walk and not faint.  
I will stumble if I allow my pride to take a hold of my heart, 
and forget to slow down and use my cane for support...

Yes! I will run...maybe not as fast as I used to,
 but my steps will be sure and that will be a run for me. 

This is the verse you have planted in my heart Father...
 This is the reminder... 
Your promise to me, as I begin to live this new year.  
A year that will be lived on a moment by moment basis.  


~**~

23 comments:

  1. Oh Mari, what a beautifully worded post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, dear Maria...wishing you peace and joy and freedom from any infirmities.
    With love and prayers,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura...what joy to have you visit! and congratulations on becoming a grandma :0) mari

      Delete
  3. Quite beautiful. Claiming a promise such as this is sure to get you through whatever should come your way.

    Bless you ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Debbie for visiting!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful words and photos! Praying for peace and good health for you this year. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His Peace... such a beautiful blessing :0)

      Delete
  5. Dear Mari ... such a beautiful posting. Thank you for your visit to my little space. I love hearing from you. Blessings & Hugs ♥ eri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a blessing to visit you Teri...always has been! mari

      Delete
    2. Mari ... just noticed I must have forgotten how to spell my name in my comment above.☺ Hugs ♥ Teri

      Delete
  6. My dear, sweet Mari, what a beautiful and inspiring post. Oh, how your words and the Scripture you shared touched my heart. Thank you, my friend.

    And thank you for your sweet faithfulness in visiting my blog. I always love hearing from you.

    Happy New Year, dear one. I hope it's a year filled with lots of love, sweet joy, and many blessings. Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are such a darling lady Stephanie...thank you for your friendship :0) mari

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting :0) mari

      Delete
  8. May you be blessed, Mari. Your post was so heartfelt.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Alex... you too dear lady :) mari

      Delete
  9. And may all those moments be filled with peace and strength dear Mari...a very beautiful post my friend. God bless your new year! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Trish... thank you for your words and for visiting :0) mari

      Delete
  10. Hello Mari! Thank you so much for finding me and leaving such a sweet comment. I have been away from the blogging community for a year and I had no idea if you were still blogging or not. Now I know! I look forward to many many times of fellowship here.

    Your post today is beautiful. I wondered if you ever saw eagles since you would sit by the water to relax. They love it around the water. I'm so glad that you had this opportunity, given you by Father, to enjoy and have Him speak to your heart the verse that you needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Dianna...I am so glad to have you visit. I have missed your words of wisdom in this medium :0) mari

      Delete
  11. Mari, what a beauitful post. I pray you trust more and more in the Lord as the year moves ahead. It's something we all need to do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have eloquently shared that the difficulties of life and its seasons can be tempered but a glimpse upward, of the creation of the Lord, and His never-failing grace and mercy, in our deepest and darkest moments. You are looking up in the right direction, and I will continue to pray that the Lord will grace you with all that you need in this season of pain that you are in. Many hugs and love to you today!

    ReplyDelete