..

..

another month passes by...


...Another month has passed.  A very eventful month, wouldn't you say? 
I know that it has been one of the loudest I have experienced in a very long time.



Political unrest... anger, and hatred.
  I have felt caught in the middle to be quite honest dear friends.

 I know that our country is moving away from past ideals, but yet, I feel that this new 
movement has unleashed so much anger and disrespect, that it has caused 
me to literally recoil from everything media!


From the beginning of my Christian journey,
 I made a decision that has stayed with me through the years...
 I WILL ALWAYS GLORIFY MY SAVIOR
 in words, in thought and deed!  

But I must be honest, at times my thoughts were far from pure and anger has filled my soul, more times that I care to count!

Repentance came swiftly and His Mercy and Forgiveness fills my soul! 


at this time...

I have turned off everything that I can.  The silence keeps me calm as I hum and sing praises to My God! I know that this too shall pass and that Our Lord has everything in the palm of His Hand. 

as for me?

Well my friends.... as a Christian woman, I will give God what is God's and 
 to Caesar what belongs to him...


may His Mercy and His Love abound...

14 comments:

  1. Dear Mari ... January has been a homey month for us. I cherish my quiet time. There has been a lot going on, but I have managed to keep our home peaceful. We do not have to be out and about, so we have been thankful to mostly be within the walls of our little cottage where we can choose what we want to see and hear. "Be still, and know that I am God" has been my go to Bible verse this month. Peace and Love to you my dear friend. Hugs ♥ Teri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right sweet Teri... it is a choice to turn everything off and allow Our Lord to be the one to keep us calm... completely :0) Have a wonderful Worship Sunday dear friend... much love to you, mari

      Delete
  2. Dear Mari,
    I so agree with you! There is so much going on in our country right now.....things I cannot control. I simply pray and ask that God's will would be done.
    The pictures you shared are so beautiful...very peaceful and calm.♥
    I hope you have a wonderful Sunday, and a great week ahead. :-)
    Love and hugs,
    ~Melanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right dear Melanie. What is happening in the world is out of my control...but isn't it wonderful to have a God that knows and sees and acts? I am at peace with this Truth living in my heart. Thank you dear lady for visiting...

      Delete
  3. It is probably a good thing to turn off everything and feel God's peace, the election has definitely caused a lot of unrest. Sometimes we need to step away when things becomes too overwhelming. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stepping away is the only way, I believe, to stay sane during this time. Because if you don't, you are sucked in into the chaos. Thank you so much for visiting :0) mari

      Delete
  4. The election in your country and voting in mine Brexit has caused a lot of unrest around the world. I pray for world peace and the unity of everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll join you on that prayer :0) mari

      Delete
  5. Me too XXX OOO
    Tooooooo much anger about!!

    Love to you dear friend ,
    warmth and blessings Linnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, it is just overwhelming! So good to see you stop by sweet friend :D mari

      Delete
  6. So much uncertainty and stress at the moment, all around the world. We in England are trying to come to terms with our political decisions, I can't imagine what it must feel like for you in America.
    But...God knows all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my sweet friend, the anger and the constant back and forth, is quite hard to accept. I must share that it is the disrespect to our President, whomever that maybe at the time, that truly breaks my heart...I was not born in this country, so to me what is happening seems a bit much! Thank you so much for sharing dear lady... mari

      Delete
  7. It has been quite a month, I agree. Staying quiet is the best way for me too. I liked your quote about loving others has the Lord loves, and if we can keep that perspective, there is a peace in that. Many hugs to you today dear friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully written and illustrated, my friend. I, too, have found anger forming in my heart, for which I had to confess, but I hadn't really related it to the happenings of the last two weeks.

    ReplyDelete

.

.