..

..

looking back...


Hello my dear friends... and Happy New Year! :-) 
It is exciting to look ahead and know that we have been blessed with 365 days, 
to live and love and laugh fully!

Oh how Our Lord loves us! 

I know that I don't particularly like looking back...but I find myself doing so,
 because 2016 had its good moments and very sad ones. 
 And they must be recognized and remembered.


Both my sons are in college now.  
After schooling them at home  through the years, 
reaching this moment was a bit bittersweet.  
My oldest returned to school once again after been home for over a year.  
And that in itself was an answer to prayer. 
He is once again returning this spring semester ... again Thank you Father!

My middle son started college for the first time, and boy was he excited!  
He did wonderfully and he is looking forward to returning this spring semester. 


For me, 2016 was the year of living and accepting this disease with no name.  
Three years its a long time...don't you think?
It proved to be a very difficult year for me. 
 After many tests performed throughout the year, the conclusion is the same.  
There is no answer.  

I have learned to adapt to my new normal and 
I am learning to give thanks within the physical pain 
that is constant and quite daunting.  

One of the blessings that I have come to fully embrace, is my quiet times with My Lord. 
Nothing is more sweeter than sitting with Him everyday and talk about things.  

Yes, 2016 was full of conversation with My God.  



Of the saddest moment to share, my companion of 16 years... my Navarre, was put to rest this past year.  His passing set the tone for the rest of 2016.

Oh how I miss my dog! 

Not a day goes by that I don't remember him.  I find myself listening to his shifting at night by his corner, or waking me up early to go for our morning walks. 

At this time, getting another dog sounds impossible, but I know that eventually, My Lord will bring us the perfect companion... when its time.



Something new I tried in 2016 was social media.... and it was quickly discarded. 
 Instagram, Twitter, Facebook offered way too much noise 
and kept my life living in a false state of happiness.  

I am a writer...
sharing through words fills my heart completely, 
so blogging will continue to be the medium I'll use to do so. 

 Pinterest offers me a venue of beautiful paintings that bring me joy.  
Paintings share a moment in time that I find soothing and peaceful. 
The colors blending together filling the canvas is truly magical... don't you agree? 

Basically those two will be the only places I'll be when I'm online. 


Now, I'm looking forward to the new experiences My Lord has in store for me and mine. 

Welcome 2017! 

mari



14 comments:

  1. Dear Mari ... such a heartwarming post. I found it to be quite gentle and peaceful even though there were many changes for you. Also, thank you so much for sharing your kind thoughts on my new "Cottage Sweet Cottage" blog. You are a sweet friend. Warmest Blessings ♥ Teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope you will never stop blogging Mari, as I so look forward to reading your calming posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Mari, I pray it WILL be a better year for you. Really understand about the loss of your dog, oh my goodness it is painful. I still miss our Kafka enormously! He was big and heavy nd his paws thudded round the house, *sad smile*
    Good that the boys are happy doing what they are doing, what an achievement for you and for them!
    Its wonderful that the trials have brought you closer to Jesus, that is a blessing indeed.
    My year too had a very difficult patch within, and its not fully resolved...my loved one, she is
    fragile..I move forward cautuiously always in prayer.
    I wish you well and hope that you will visit me at my new blog when its got something on it!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I count down the days to August when my Daniel goes off to college, my heart overflows with bittersweet joy -- this is what we've raised him for. To launch him. And you with your sons as well. I miss you on IG as that's where I spend my online time for now. My blog sits neglected, but I'm keeping it around as I hope to return there from time to time and perhaps more frequently as life permits. For now, IG keeps me connected, and I'm content with that. Glad you've found your happy place, Mari. We may be traveling to the east coast (and PA in particular) this summer...perhaps we can meet up for a cup of tea and a bit of knitting? All praise to God for what He will bring in 2017! Much love to you, Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lisa really? what joy to meet with you in your travels!!!! I have always loved your posts and looking a bit into your daily life in IG...but after this election, well let me just say, that I needed a quieter place to share my thoughts. What joy that your Daniel will soon begin his college experience. It is not easy to let them go, yet I know, that it was for this exact moment that we schooled them! Praising Our Lord for your friendship sweet friend...may 2017 be filled with joy...much, much joy!!! love to you dear one, mari

      Delete
  5. Mari, we also had a year of many ups and downs but I am looking forward to what God has planned for 2017. God bless you, my friend!

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you also Mrs. G.... may 2017 be filled with peace :0) mari

      Delete
  6. Hello, Mari. I am so happy to see you here. I had looked up your other blogs recently and was sad to see they were closed. I commented on Teri's new blog yesterday and saw your name, so I came by to say 'hi'. :-)
    The pictures you shared are just beautiful.
    I am so sorry you lost your dog last year. We have always had cats and dogs, and we love them dearly, and it's so hard when we lose them. :-(
    I hope 2017 will be a better year for you.
    Much love,
    ~Melanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melanie...so good to have you visit :0) Happy New Year sweet lady :D mari

      Delete
  7. Helo dear Mari, Happy New Year... I too look forward for what the Lord has instore for me... I too have gone through quite a few ups and downs. Your not alone my dear.. but I'm prayer for a better year, though I'm not complaining for this past year. A lot of progress was made though it was a slow process. So sorry you lost your buddy.. may he Rip.. I wish you too better days ahead and much comfort.. have a lovely evening with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your visit Janice... Happy New Year to you :0) mari

      Delete
  8. Hello Mari~ I pray this year brings with it much joy in the Lord for you.
    I remember those days gone by when our two daughters went off to collage, bittersweet times for sure.
    I was sorry to hear that you lost your pooch those are such hard times to go through.

    Much love to you ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Debbie for stopping by... this year will be better than the last! Our Lord is with us...that is enough :0) mari

      Delete
  9. Hello Dearest Mari,
    I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your dear doggie! I know the pain. They are such dear family members, and it is hard to loose them!
    Sending you warmth and love dear friend xx oo Linnie

    ReplyDelete

.

.