..

..

a new season...

 March 2016

March 2016 

March 2016

Ah...first day of Spring!  What joy to look forward to a new season...new days and new tomorrows.

Here in the mountains, snow is still lingering and my garden is still buried under snow and ice.  The photos I have shared above, are from this time last year, when the garden was bursting with new growth.  

But I know that it will come and how sweet it will be when it does!.

~~

I have been busy, and trying not to do too much, but being the first day of Spring, I am filled with a new purpose.  A new determination to clean the cottage from top to bottom.  Oh, not in the first day...but throughout this month, starting today, and hopefully, also, during the month of April. 

It feels new for some reason, to move furniture about.  Create open spaces where there was clutter, and rededicate myself to loving this humble cottage once again. 

My goal is to make this home as efficiently simple as possible, to best facilitate my life here.  I don't know how long we will be living in this lovely place, but at this time, Our Lord has us here, and that is why I am been led to simplify...simplify...simplify! 

~~

This new season is also a wonderful time to rededicate myself to My Lord.  
I must share that been diagnosed with this disease has caused me to truly question myself.  Asking the hard questions.  Trying not to live in the what if's. Trying not too look to far into the future. 
Anger, resentment, sadness have all visited and some have lingered more than I would have liked.  
But now, at this time, I feel the love of my Savior more and more, as this disease progresses at the pace He is allowing.  

Yes, I do acknowledge that it is His Will that I will live with this disease for the rest of my life.  I don't know the purpose behind it, but I feel that acknowledging it, is bringing me peace in the midst of it.

~~


Reading the Scriptures always fills my soul.  I am reading them chronologically.  At the beginning of the year, I purchased a chronological Bible and so far, I am thoroughly enjoying reading the events in the Old Testament at the time they happened.  As close as history was recorded.

~~

I have also purchased a wonderful book for my Kindle and this one I am reading slowly.  It is one that I recommend to everyone. 


I don't usually do the Lent fast, but this book has grabbed me and I am discovering so much in just the first few pages.  It is not expensive only $0.99 for the Kindle.  

I have purchased more e-books, and I'll share them as I read them :-) 

~~

Well, that is all for now...

Blessings to all of you dear friends, 
mari



5 comments:

  1. Hi Mari, thank you for sharing last year's Spring photos. Most of our snow is now gone (again) as it has warmed up a bit in the last few days. Will we get more...maybe, but time will tell. Yesterday it was beautiful and sunny outside, it helps to lift your spirits. I pray that you will have better days and enjoy the Spring as it comes. Cleaning and relocating things can definitely give a person a lift. Take care, Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kelly:-) the sun comes and goes here...yesterday was quite lovely also. Thank you dear friend for visiting :)

      Delete
  2. Your spring flowers are going to be bursting forth with beauty any day now! Much of our garden is going to sleep while yours is waking up..amazing world we live in :-) I feel a 'new' sense of purpose in myself too..and like you, I am now living with a 'new' condition to take care of. There are changes in my heart that mean I need to make changes in my lifestyle and diet. Spring is the season of hope..my favourite..I like to keep a touch of it in my surroundings all year round so I am also looking at my home decor with 'new' eyes right now. Hope you have a nice day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sweet Trish, it is a wondrous place indeed. Our Lord is with us through all of these changes that He allows and sometimes orchestrates. What a blessing to know that He is with us :-)...thank you lovely lady, for visiting ...

      Delete
  3. It gives such hope to see the new buds appearing on the trees and in the garden. Daffodils lift the spirits!

    ReplyDelete

.

.