..

..

Mar 24, 2017

Oh Spring...where are you?







Well hello there dear friends...
The snow came and stayed for quite a bit.  It is still quite cold here in the mountains, 
but I know spring is coming...

at least that is what I tell myself every day the sun decides to pay us a very, very short visit :0) 

How are you all dear friends? 

The month of March tends to move so fast for me.  I did finish cleaning and packed quite a bit of clutter in bins, to give away to charity.  But that won't happen until the snow melts a bit more and the temperatures rise a bit more.

What to do during the time when icy rain is in the forecast for the next several days? 

You sew! of course :0) 




 

I made a table runner for the kitchen table and called it "up the garden path"...

I know that for many, the season of spring brings pictures of flowers and bunnies and such...
but here in the mountains, it is green and brown for awhile!  
Soil that is just waiting for the plow...
trees that are giving forth the beauty of their fresh green buds...

So the quilt was an inspiration of the beauty of these mountains that are just beautiful during this season.  




Now to quilt it and decorate the table :0)

~~~

Well, that is it for now dear friends...

Until next time, many blessings to you,

mari

16 comments:

  1. Dear Mari ... It is always so nice to make something pretty for our homes. Weekend Blessings ♥ Teri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is Teri...thank you for visiting :-)

      Delete
  2. What a lovely way to pass away those rainy, icy days, my friend! I love the design and shades of green! Gentle hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear lady :-)...it was so much fun to sew...

      Delete
  3. Mari, your lovely table runner would cheer a dull day. It is so pretty. I can't believe you still have snow! We are having sunny days now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Barbara ... But it is melting :-)

      Delete
  4. That is really lovely, Mari ~ so fresh.
    Nice to see the young lady in the top pic as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Alex...so good to have you visit :0) mari

      Delete
  5. Love the greens in your runner. Before long you will see little blooms everywhere! Enjoy the time you have to sew now!

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mari, thank you so much for dropping by. I hope things warm up for you in the mountains soon and you see the robins.

    Your quilt is beautiful, I wish I had the patience to make one of those. I took a class once...my project was never finished lol. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly...take out your project and try to finish it. You will be surprised how much fun it is :0) mari

      Delete
  7. Mari, I love your table runner! The colours and design are great...makes me imagine a pretty street of little cottages with English gardens. Hope you're keeping nice and warm there. Our season is taking its sweet time changing here too..I expected more Autumn colour by now but nothing is in much of a hurry to change yet. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what a beautiful comparison Trish...We are trying to stay warm. Spring is slowly making its way here :0) enjoy your day sweet lady...

      Delete
  8. Mari your runner is indeed lovely.. we have had days and days of rain here. Today we have sun but its windy and cold.. thank you so very much for your visits I hope they brought some kind of sunshine. Have a grat week stay warm, with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  9. You created this quilt? Oh how I would love to sew with you.. and to learn more about quilting. Is that a lamp attached to your sewing machine? So brilliant if so! Light is such a necessity! I do hope that late spring comes early to you! It is the first part of spring (early spring I call it) that is so messy and takes forever. Enjoyed this peek into your life, hoping the roads dry up so you can get out and about again :)

    ReplyDelete