..

..

Mar 6, 2017

the process of living...


March... a new month...the promise of Spring...renewal...rebirth.

This is what the season of spring means to me.  In Spanish, spring means "primavera" a 
beautiful word to me.  But then I'm partial :0) 

Here in the mountains, everything is beginning to wake up from their winter slumber.  The trees are filled with buds and the early bulbs are already shooting up to take the delicious sun that seems to be visiting quite often nowadays.

Today, of course, as I write this, it is cloudy with chances of rain for the next two days... but to me, it is sunny and beautiful!



I know that in my previous writings, many of them I have deleted due to the constant 
hopelessness in my words, I have shared my constant battle with this unknown disease that has played havoc with my life.  

It has robbed me of my outlook ... my joy.  I have tried to stay positive.  To look upwards towards the mountains and to remember that the God I love is always with me.  But I have to share, that most days, it just took too much effort and I fell quite deeply into a deep hole that blocked out the sun and all its brilliance.

This past Tuesday, I was finally given a resemblance of a diagnosis.  Now, as my doctor shared, he is 96% sure it is the correct one, but he will not completely write it down in my chart...

but like I said to him then, I don't care to have a diagnosis anymore.  Yet, he did give me one..
well...somewhat anyway. 

I have Multiple Sclerosis.


To many this could be a life sentence.  But to me, it is just a name to the symptoms that have been with me for the past three years.  Since last Tuesday, I have had quite a bit of time to accept this new disease, even if it is only 96% accurate :0) 

~~~ *** ~~~

As of today, my outlook is even brighter than it was last month's.  I am on medication, but I have also taken steps to change my lifestyle even further.  

Simplicity is truly my new life! It has to be.  Letting go of clutter.  Putting our finances in order so that John, my husband, will be able to pick up where I left off, seamlessly.  Both our sons are in college now, and no, I have not shared with them the 96% diagnosis.  Instead, I have begun the process of living! 

This cottage has become a hive of activity, but also a haven to my life!  There will be days where all I will be able to do is sit and knit.  And then there will be days where I'll be able to move about my garden with a pep to my step :D 

This space will also become a haven to share.  To inspire. To encourage.  

....and most of all, to My Savior, a thank you for my life.  What a gift! 

Talk to you tomorrow dear friends...in the meantime, live today to the fullest! 
 It is HIS blessing to each of us! 

mari

17 comments:

  1. Hello dear Mari~
    Your positive attitude is such a glory to your Savior.
    He knows what you are going through and He will be with you with every step that take, fast moving our slow, He will be there.
    Enjoy the warmer days ahead and all the beauty that surrounds you, such as that gorgeous rose.
    Today we are getting hit with a snow storm, and oh my is it ever beautiful! Light and fluffy quick accumulating snow. I'll be taking a walk later today with my Donatella and enjoying God's beauty.

    Bless you~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the beauty of freshly fallen snow...just gorgeous indeed :0) Thank you sweet lady for visiting ... and enjoy your walk with your lovely Donatella :D mari

      Delete
  2. Dear friend, you have always been an inspiration in the things you have written. I am sorry, but pleased, that you now have a (near) diagnosis. Mari, you will triumph over this. God will be at your side throughout. XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara...you are such a joy! Thank you sweet lady for your words and for your visits. :D mari

      Delete
  3. Hi Mari, I can only imagine what you have been through the last 3 years. It's a blessing that you are such a strong Christian and God will get you through it. I will keep you in my prayers. It sounds like a diagnosis (96% accurate) has been a good thing, allowing you to move forward with your life. Take care Mari, I hope you get out as much as possible to enjoy the beautiful weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly...the diagnosis is a good thing. After three years, it is good to finally have some sort of guidance on how to deal with these symptoms. Thank you sweet friend for visiting :0) mari

      Delete
  4. Mari, I have admired your strength for many years, now. I've often wondered if MS was the cause of your illness. I pray that you can now learn how to deal with it in a way that will help your days be easier. I have two friends that have MS and while they have their flare ups, they are able to function well as long as they do what they should.

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Mrs. G....it is always HIS Strength that fills me. Thank you kind lady :0) mari

      Delete
  5. I am so glad that you have a diagnosis...well, a partial one anyway. Acceptance is always the key when it comes to chronic things. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are quite right Dianna...acceptance is where I am moving towards. Thank you sweet friend for your prayers and your visits :0) mari

      Delete
  6. I too am going through something similar. I refuse to accept whatever diagnosis the doctor is making. I have chosen prayer and self healing. Only God knows the days he has planned for us. Each day has good and bad and gratitude for all makes it easier. Please seek other opinions regarding your health and ask in prayer to receive the knowledge necessary to heal. I had a friend when I was younger who healed his MS with a raw foods diet. I will pray for your healing. Blessings. Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like you Susan, I have chosen the path of self-healing. But I also know that it will only take me but so far. I have been fighting this disease for three years, and I have seen over 11 neurologists that refused to diagnosed me with anything else but ... it is all in your head :=/ . Frustration was a dear friend at this time. ... thank you Susan for visiting. :0) mari

      Delete
  7. Knowing what is going on is a big help. The Lord will help you through. Keep looking up and praying, dear friend. Hugs,♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how I can go on each day without HIM! Thank you dear lady for visiting ... mari

      Delete
  8. Hello there!! I'm a new follower of yours and wanted to introduce myself! I received your name in the teacup exchange! What a blessing to come and look at your beautiful blog and get to know you! I can't wait to see all the beautiful things you have written!!! So very nice to meet you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, Mari ~ just catching up here...it is really GOOD that you have this diagnosis.
    It is progress!
    Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Mari, you are in my prayers and thoughts. It is good to have a name to identify your suffering. I have a dear friend who has the same and I know there will be good and bad days as you adjust to living with a new 'normal'. Praying you have many many more good days coming your way! With much love in Jesus our Beloved Lord and Healer. Trish xx

    ReplyDelete