..

..

Mar 29, 2017

Welcome spring :0)









Hello dear friends!... 
It is wonderfully sunny, breezy day here in the mountains.  Spring has finally arrived! 
Yay! :0)

Oh, it feels so wonderful to finally bid good-bye to winter.  I am an avid fan of all four seasons, but when a season lingers a tad too long, I am just filled with impatience for it to just be gone already :-D

The new season has also awakened my creative juices...
I am itching to stitch and create, that I find myself having the day flow way too quickly due to all the projects that I would like to do during this new season. 

For starters, I have begun to redo my wardrobe.  Oh, I know that this is not monumental to say the least, but I find myself wanting to wear garments made by my hands. 

For so long, I wore the same style...a long skirt with a nice top and a cardigan.  Not a bad outfit really, but I can not longer wear long skirts.  Falling over them while I try to maneuver stairs and a cane, well it is not safe nor practical to hold on to this style of dressing.  

I contemplated just shortening the skirts, but I truly don't like short skirts anymore.  And since I have to be on steroid medicine, it makes me too sensitive to sunlight...so back to the drawing board for me. 

 I began to look through my patterns, and I pulled out two that I liked and that will be easy to make without too much fuss.  I'll share the garments once they are done :0) 

Well that is it for now sweet friends...

Until next time ~ enjoy this wonderful new season that Our God has blessed us with ! 

mari

14 comments:

  1. Happy spring, Mari! Your pictures here look serene. I agree, skirts are hard to maneuver with. I don't know how women did housework in them. I try to wear them to church still...but when I come home I usually change into pants and breath a sigh of relief (I find pants so cozy). I do find a more casual skirt more comfortable if it is a straight skirt..even if it is below the knee, as vs. a skirt with more material. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I must share that I do miss wearing them...but they are just not for me anymore :-/...thank you Andrea for visiting :-)

      Delete
  2. Mari, it must be wonderful to be entering a new season, your Winter has gone on long enough.
    Spring brings a complete rethink of clothes, garden, decorating.....so much to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Barbara...I have tried to stay out of the garden. Just not time yet...but the ideas are sure coming :-)

      Delete
  3. I love your spring touches that you have shared in your pictures. How nice that you are enjoying a "springy" day. It is pouring rain today and we are in the lower 60's. So, I think spring has sprung here as well. Also, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on my little space. Evening Blessings ♥ Teri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Teri...it is always such a pleasure to stop by your little place and visit :-) ... Thank you so much for stopping by ...

      Delete
  4. I just love your bird...it was the first thing I noticed in the first picture. I also love all of the light you have in your home, Mari. That would put anyone in the mood to sew! I am looking forward to seeing your new garments when they are finished. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In isn't he good looking? It was a gift from hubby, he knows how much I love birds...yes, I'll share the garments. I have hit a snag but I'm been creative and calm about it ;-)

      Delete
  5. Such pretty photos of your home, dear Mari. I'm glad for you that Spring has arrived in your neck of the mountains. Love your little bird and your knitting! As for clothes..I mix it all up and wear what feels right for the day and what I need to do. I work a couple of days a week in a place where skirts would be a bit dangerous. The apron I wear gets caught on enough things as it is! Your table looks overflowing with possibilities..enjoy whatever you decide to make for yourself. Take care, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy spring Mari, April has finally arrived. We have been hearing the birds singing a lot in the morning and evening and especially the robins. I just love that sound. Enjoy creating and making your new outfits. I can't wait to see the finished projects. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how lovely to happen upon your lovely place, Mari. Your vignettes of your home are beautiful. I especially love the last photo of your knitting and the gorgeous chicken scratch apron....how sweet is that apron. Have a lovely time refashioning your wardrobe. I look forward to seeing what pretties you stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Spring my dearest, we had some lovely days then all of a sudden here came the rain again.. 🙃 I want the weather to stay nice. But its pouring rain... well hopefully it will bring those pretty May flowers. Wishing you a lovely evening. Cant wait to see what you make with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Spring, dear Mari!
    We still have piles of snow all around but it is melting. We can't usually rake our lawn until around Mother's Day, but we're ahead if ourselves this spring.
    I look forward to seeing your new wardrobe, it will be beautiful I am sure.

    Easter Blessings to you~~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, Mari - what a delight to visit your charming blog! Love taking a peek inside your sweet home and seeing your sewing and knitting coming along. I am looking forward to seeing what you create :) Thank you for your sweet visit. xx Karen

    ReplyDelete