..

..

coming back to plain living :-)



 Hello dear friends...
It has been awhile and well, I'm sorry to be missing from this space. 

So much happens in one's life, that it is hard to keep up :0) but here I am, back to 
writing...returning to my old comfortable space, where I can share what My Lord has 
been teaching me. 

My oldest began a new life about 9 hours from the mountains.  He is quite excited to see what
Our Lord does with these new doors that have opened for him.

I am quite content to see him mature bit by bit, as he becomes accustomed to being on his own.













The garden is bursting with color! 
The rain that continues to visit, almost everyday it seems, has made the garden quite luscious but alas, the ground has been to wet to plant any vegetables yet :-/

I have been waiting for a dry spell, and hopefully I'll be able to clean the containers and begin 
the vegetables.  But I am quite happy with the rain! the barrels are full to the brim and that is good
for when the dry months come.

~~~
I have been slowly moving back to a quieter and plain life.  
Since this disease continues to take more and more of my energy, 

My Lord has been guiding me to an even simpler lifestyle.  
I have let go of much of the creative clutter that tends to accumulate when one is a sewer or quilter :)








McCalls 8395, Size 16-20, misses, womens, UNCUT sewing pattern, Jumper, craft supplies


At this time, I am sewing just jumpers to put over my head and be comfortable throughout the house.  The quilt I have shared is the latest I finished.  I pieced it and a dear friend quilted it for me.  It was a gift to my oldest son from his mama, so that he will remember home...

Spinning fiber is something that I have been doing quite a bit.  I have a great deal of fiber that needs to be used, and I am determined to finish it all by the end of the year! 
Once the skeins are done, then it is to knit them or weave with them.  It all depends on the energy level :-)

~~~

At this exact time, I am finding myself giving thanks for each moment in my day.  I am seeing how truly blessed I am.  This new season in my life is not as bad as I though :0) 

Be blessed dear friends! 

mari

17 comments:

  1. It was such a pleasure to find your comment on my blog, Mari. I agree that simple is best and you are using wisdom concerning what to do and the energy level. Hopefully in July I will be moving into my own apartment. Right now I'm staying with my son and DIL. I'll be moving into a small one bedroom apartment so I'm simplifying my life as well. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Melanie, how wonderful to have you visit. Don't worry, everything will work out in God's timing :0) mari

      Delete
  2. So lovely to to see you Mari, and to hear a bit about your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful quilt, the colours are stunning a wonderful reminder of home and filled with love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...It wasn't to hard to put together and he truly likes it :0) mari

      Delete
  4. Thank you for your visit to my little space and for your kind words. Plain living sounds wonderful to me. We have been enjoying quiet and peaceful days in our little home. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teri for visiting :0) always a joy to see you ...

      Delete
  5. Your garden is so lovely, my friend! I think you are very wise to seek a more simple way of life..you've always been drawn to that and it seems to suit you so well :-) I pray things are going okay for you Mari..so nice to catch up with you again! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Trish, we have gone up and down in this blogging journey haven't we? but simple and plain is truly where I belong :0) mari

      Delete
  6. Hi Mari,
    I can relate to what you said, so much happens in ones life it is hard to keep up. So goes it here.
    It's a bitter sweet moment when our oldest leaves the nest, but it's good knowing you did your best, and he will excel where the Lord wants him.
    You have such beautiful flowers blooming in your gardens. The iris and columbine are so pretty. What a delightful garden in which to sit and relax and maybe have a talk with the Lord.
    I agree ~ simple is better. I'm trying to finish some WIP's have had in my craft room. It feels good to have some finished!
    I use to wear jumpers all the time, but only have one left. I'll have to see if I can find that McCall's pattern. They are very comfortable.:-)
    I like that last quote ~ we are so blessed!
    Take care,
    Hugs,
    Anne♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne. He is doing really well and I know that is from Our Lord! thank you so much for visiting :0) mari

      Delete
  7. Enjoyed seeing all the beautiful flowers in your garden. They will make us feel happy and relaxed:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet and hope filled post. I wish your dear son the very best on his new life and many blessings to carry him through. The beautiful quilt will be treasured, I'm sure. Your gardens are lovely and much solace to you, I'm sure, as you cope with your new circumstances and life changes. As I am getting older, I find that I need to let some things go, as I don't have the energy any longer to keep up with it all, and I can only imagine how it must be for you coping with your health concerns. Sending you prayers and blessings as you move forward on this journey. xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simple living really is best, and I could understand how you feel, with our children having one foot outside the home, and one foot still in, figuratively speaking, lol. It helps to go outside and to see the beautiful flowers blooming, and to know that Our Lord reigns supreme in this world, despite all that goes on, and we can rest securely in that. You have done a wonderful job parenting your son, and now it is time for him to make his way in the world, so hard for parents to let go, yet we must, for that is what we have trained them to do. Your flowers are really beautiful, love the iris and columbine, I have the same colors in my garden too! Hope you get to plant your veggies soon, but thankful for the water that you have been getting :) Hugs to you today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simplicity really is best, isn't it! Keeping things out of our lives that complicate, and focusing on the things that are most important to us. You have done a great job raising your son, and now is the time for him to put to good use all that you have taught him. It is a difficult time to let go, I do understand that so well. Praying for you, and hoping that the beautiful moments of sunshine and flowers blooming will bless your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mari, I am green with envy over your garden. So beautiful! I am so glad your son is experiencing new things! I pray God will watch over him on his journey!

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

.

.