..

..

some thoughts...



For the longest time now, I have been reading about and trying to follow a simpler, more uncluttered life. 
 It has not been easy.  
Books abound in this specific subject, but not many books deal with,what I have come to understand, as the heart of the matter.

Simplicity is not about the practical, not really.  Oh the practical is good advice to give.  I mean, if you let go of the stuff that is around your home, collecting all sorts of dust, and not having any purpose in your life, then yes, by all means, let it go! 

But you do not get to this stage, unless you are ready to tackle the heavy subjects first.  

For many years now, I have written about simplicity.  Living a life that is less stressful and more intentional.  But the more I let go of the material clutter, the more stress came into my life.  The more things happened that caused me to just stop and take several steps back to truly ask myself those really hard questions.  

Why do I surround myself with so much stuff?  What is the reason for it all?  

As the years, and months, and weeks progressed, clarity, which I thought was elusive, began to appear and I realized the truths of what a simple life really looks like...and it is not about the material, not really.

First...I came to the conclusion that it all starts and ends with my love for God.  
My love for Jesus Christ is my guide.  
It is not a high that I only receive on Sundays 
but the everyday, moment by moment knowledge that I am been taking care off!  
I trust HIM completely!  

And knowing this deep inside myself...

Second...I can begin to see the world around me...the possessions, the friendships, the time given to me everyday, the thoughts that I have about this world - how am I suppose to react to the political upheaval and the anger and hatred that seems to have sprouted like weeds, in our everyday life!

How do I live this life Lord? seems to be my constant prayer.  

Has He answered it? 

Yes, actually...a long time ago in fact.  But I had not truly comprehended His answer.  

to be continued....

mari


11 comments:

  1. Oh, I am looking forward to what comes next in this vein of thought! The Holy Spirit has whet my appetite for more! Thank you for being an instrument of His grace.

    Your lily and your peonies and the other flowers are all beautiful, Mari. It is easy to see that they are well loved and cared for. :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mari, I am so looking forward to the next instalment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and I so look forward to what is yet to come. Enjoy your weekend. Summer Blessings ♥ Teri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Mari. What a great post. I've had to really read it a couple times before I could comment here. I've gone through that too, simpifying, getting rid of stuff. And it was stressful packing and minimizing for my move to Tennessee. What to keep...where to take stuff I didn't want. Simplicity I think begins in the heart. Letting God take over and letting Him help remove the clutter that we gather in our hearts and minds. Then you can tackle the outward cutter. Good post. I'll be reading this again and again. Be blessed. P.S. Beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden flowers are beautiful! Looking forward to more of your thoughts. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mari! So good to run into you again! I am interested in hearing more on this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I look forward to reading more. Your flowers are so pretty. I love the soft color of the lily.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Visiting from Homespun Cottage....
    I truly enjoyed your photos and your thoughts on clutter. It's a difficult subject. We all have our own reasons.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Hope to get to know each other.
    Blessings,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mari, your flowers are so pretty - I especially love lilies for all they signify. I can relate to your quest for simplicity - such an abstract idea and so hard to put into practice. I'm looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts....Blessings for your week. xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think we've both been on similar paths and finding our definition of simple living especially as Christians has been uppermost in our lives. I so agree with your words in this post and look forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with you Mari, simplicity is much more than just getting rid of things... it is about learning to be thankful for all that you have, and being content, in all situations. It is only through the spirit of Christ, just as you said, that we can really live like that. I look forward to your next installment! Your pictures are just lovely, such beautiful flowers you have around you :)

    ReplyDelete

.

.